Crisis Residential Unit
A safe place for people in psychiatric crisis
Homeward Bound’s Crisis Residential Unit provides a short-term alternative to inpatient psychiatric hospitalization for people agreeing to participate in a recovery-oriented treatment environment focused on wellness.
The Crisis Residential Unit is a voluntary and interactive program for adults ages 18 and older who may be experiencing a mental health crisis or who may be chronically mentally ill and not improving on their own. It also serves as a step down unit from locked psychiatric units to a lower level of care in the community.
Any person in a mental health crisis will have the opportunity to be assessed for admission into the facility.
• Psychiatric medication review
• Group therapy
• Skills groups
• Coordinated discharge planning
1. Call the crisis unit’s 24-hour line at 214-535-5618 to discuss funding options, bed availability, and the admission process.
2. Fax relevant clinical information to 214-389-1084 or 214-941-3517.
3. Admission and transport will then be confirmed by a staff member of the crisis unit.